Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly asked questions about custom printed and personalised lanyards
The sections below contain some of the most common questions and comments that our customers have. We hope you will find the answers to any queries you might have here. If not please contact us and one of our team will do their best to help.
Ordering | Quotations | Artwork and File Formats | Delivery | Invoicing and Payments | Returns |
- + What are your lead times between ordering and delivery?Lead times vary between products and are shown on each product page. The quoted lead time is taken from the point at which you confirm and pay for your order.
- + I've got a very tight deadline, can you help?Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements. Obviously customised products have to be specially manufactured but we may be able to provide a faster turnaround if we have an available production slot.
- + Do you have minimum order quantities?Yes. Minimum order quantities vary from product to product and are listed alongside each product in our catalogue. We do try to keep minimum order quantities as reasonable as possible and for some products this can be as low as 50 units.
We also carry unbranded versions of some products, available in low quantities, which may be suitable for your particular requirements.
- + Do you provide samples prior to ordering?Yes. We are happy to provide samples for the majority of the products we carry. You can request samples by using our sample request page. Please note that samples cannot be customised with your brand or logo - they are simply intended to provide you with an idea of the quality of our products and the choices available to you.
- + Can I get a sample of my customised product before I place my order?Unfortunately we are not able to supply customised samples. You will receive a PDF proof for final approval prior to production. This proof is to let you check the layout, positioning and content. However this should not be used to match colours, as on screen colours do not always accurately display colours as they will appear when printed/manufactured.
- + Do I get a proof?Yes, we will supply you with a PDF proof for your review and approval prior to commencing production.
Please carefully check the proof to ensure you are happy with the layout, positioning and content of your customised product. Whilst our team are happy to provide support and advice with regard to your order, it is important that you double check the proof prior to approval as your order will not be able to be modified after this point.
- + Are there product limitations and/or recommendations?Any specific recommendations or limitations will be noted in the product information section on each product page. If you have any questions about using any of our products our team will be happy to provide more detailed information.
- + How long is my quotation valid for?Our quotations are valid for a period of two weeks from the date of the quotation unless otherwise specified.
- + Can I get a customised quote?Yes! Simply visit our quote request page and fill out the details of what you would like - dont worry if you arent 100% sure of your requirements, we are happy to provide advice and support. One of our team will get back to you to provide a quote and answer any questions you might have.
We do not provide quotes for products over the phone as these are often dependent of your design choices. This allows us to ensure you are provided with an accurate quote.
Indicative pricing for all items can be found of the product page for that item.
- + Are there any additional costs?Our prices normally include all setup, origination and design costs.
Pricing on each product place is indicative as we often need to see your logo or design to determine the most suitable production process.
Additional costs may very occasionally be incurred for designs with several additional colours or for additonal customisation beyond that noted on each product page.
- + Do you provide quotes over the phone?We are unable to provide quotes over the phone. All quotes are provided in writing (by email) and are valid for two weeks from the date of the quotation.
Indicative pricing for all items are shown on the product page and we are happy to answer any pricing queries you might have by phone or email.
- + How do I supply you with artwork?Most artwork can simply be emailed to us as an attachement. For any files over 20Mb we recommend using a free file transfer/sharing service such as Dropbox or Hightail (formerly YouSendIt).
- + What file/graphics formats do you accept?We can accept the following file formats
- EPS files
- AI files
- Vector derived PDF files
Files should have a minimum resolution of 300dpi.
We may sometimes be able to use the following file formats should the above not be available:
- High resolution JPEG files
- High resolution TIFF files
- High resolution PNG files
- + Can I send my logo in a Microsoft Office file?We cannot accept artwork in any of the following formats as they are not suitable for printing: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Publisher.
- + How accurate is PANTONE® Matching?The industry standard for PANTONE® matching dyed material is +/- 10%. This means that you may see a very slight variation in colour, for example when making a repeat order.
Please also note that colours are often not accurately reproduced on a computer screen - therefore the colour on your PDF proof may look slightly difference on screen to that which you expect of a printed product.
- + Can you colour match my logo/brand?For most products, we can match any colour requirements you have, for the material or the print. The exact colour matching options for each product will always be noted in the product information page for that item. If you have a PANTONE® number, we can match that subject to minimum order quantities.
- + How much is layout, setup and origination?Normally layout, setup and origination costs are included in the price quoted.
- + Can I used any font I like?Although we offer a wide range of standard fonts, we cannot supply non-standard fonts.
If your design contains a non-standard font please send us the font file (as an email attachment). For Windows users, fonts are normally located in the folder C:\windows\fonts, MacOS users can normally find them in the Fonts App.
If you're looking for fonts for your artwork, there are plenty of free font sites out there. Try DaFont, Urban Fonts or Fawnt.
Those sites are provided for information only and we make no guarantee or warranty as to their suitability. Please read carefully their terms and conditions and please take care when searching.
- + I have a printout of a font but I don't know its name. Can I use it?We offer a range of standard fonts but any non-standard fonts must be provided by the customer.
We recommend checking to see if you have the font on your computer. Windows users can normally find them in the folder C:\windows\fonts, MacOS users can normally find them in the Fonts App.
If you are still unsure of the name of the font you want, we suggest using the following site Indentifont.com which may help you to identify your chosen font.
- + What are setup or origination costs?Setup, layout or origination costs can refer to various different things when printing on promotional products.
Generally these costs refer to the costs of setting up the printing process to execute the work including for example creating the plates or screens with your design for printing or setting up a machine to customise your chosen item.
- + How much do you charge for delivery?Delivery charges may vary from product to product.
Delivery charges to the UK (excluding areas designated as remote by Couriers) are clearly shown on each product page and are valid for delivery to one, non-remote UK address for up to 14Kgs.
Delivery costs and times for Remote UK areas, orders above 14Kg and international orders vary and will be noted on your quotation.
For very small orders, under £20 value, we may be able to ship using a Royal Mail first class service.
- + How quickly will my order be delivered?All UK orders are dispatched on a next business day delivery service with DHL and you will be provided with a tracking number for your delivery. Delivery times for international orders or remote UK areas will vary depending on the destination.
Same day dispatch and next business day delivery applies to orders placed by 2pm on normal business days. Delivery to certain parts of the UK, designated as more remote by courier companies may take longer.
If you have requested Royal Mail First Class - only available for very small orders under £20 - please note that this service provides next day delivery 90% of the time, but it is neither guaranteed nor will you be provided with a tracking number.
- + Do you deliver internationally?Yes, we supply customers all across the globe. We are happy to confirm international delivery options and prices when providing a quotation.
- + What are your delivery options?All UK orders are shipped for next day delivery with DHL. Delivery times for international orders will vary depending on the destination. If you have a very tight deadline please speak with one of our team when ordering and we will do our very best to assist you in this regard.
- + I've received slightly more/less of my customised product than expected. Why is this?Very occasionally there will be a shortfall on quantities due to spoilage/rejections during our stringent quality control process - this is known as an "under". If this happens you will normally be credited for any shortfall. By contrast, where more items than required pass quality control, this is known as an "over" and you'll receive slightly more than actually ordered. You will not normally be charged for overs.
- + Do you delivery to remote UK postcodes?Yes. We are happy to organise delivery to areas designated as "remote" by delivery companies and will provide a delivery cost on your quotation to reflect the actual cost of delivery.
Please note it is courier companies that designate areas as "remote" for delivery purposes. You can check whether your postcode is affected on DHL's PDF list here - UK postcodes can be found around page 179.
- + Do your prices include VAT/Sales Tax?All of our prices are exclusive of VAT (UK sales tax). UK based customers will have VAT added to their invoice. Customers outside the European Union and EU customers who supply an EU VAT or relevant sales tax number will not have an VAT added to their invoice.
- + I'm not based in the UK, will my invoice include UK VAT?Customers outside the European Union, and non UK customers within the EU who provide us with an EU VAT or sales tax number when ordering will be invoiced exclusive of VAT.
- + Do you accept payment over the phone?No. For security reasons we do not take payments over the phone. Payment can be made securely online by credit or debit card or by bank transfer (BACS).
- + What payment menthods do you accept?We accept payment by credit or debit card or by bank transfer (BACS).
The logos of cards currently accepted are shown at the foot of this (and every) page.
- + I've received my pro-forma invoice, how do I make payment?Your invoice contains a link to make secure payment online by either credit or debit card or has details of how to pay by bank transfer (BACS). If you have any problems making payment please contact us and one of our team will be happy to help.
- + What are your payment terms?For all new customers we require payment prior to manufacturing your customised products. 30 days credit terms (from date of invoice) may be extended to repeat customers, subject to a credit check.
Customers in the following sectors may be offered credit terms of 30 days (from date of invoice) where we are supplied a complete purchase order: central, devolved or local government organisations, departments or agencies, universities, schools and colleges or similar organisations.
- + My purchase is damaged or defective - can I return it?Please inspect the goods on delivery. If your purchase is damaged or defective in any way, you must contact us immediately to advise of any issues and to arrange a return, refund or replacement.
- + I've changed my mind about my purchase - can I return it?We comply fully with the UK Consumer Contracts Regulations. Should you wish to return your order, please read carefully and follow the steps below.
Returning Custom Items
Due to the customised nature of these promotional items, in most cases we can only accept returns if:
The product is defective
The product is not as ordered/detailed on the approved spec sheet
The product has artwork design errors not present on the artwork proof approved
Please inspect the goods on delivery and let us know immediately of any issues and to arrange for a return, refund or replacement.
Returning Stock/Non-customised Items
Non-customised products (stock items) may be returned under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 subject to the following
Items must be returned within 14 calendar days from delivery.
Items must be unused.
Items should be unopened in their original packaging - one bag can be opened to inspect goods.
Refunds will be processed within 7 days of the goods being received by us.
Refunds will be given as credit to the original payment method, including, where applicable, a proportion of basic carriage charges on the outbound shipment.
Where items are returned under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 the cost of returning to goods is the responsibility of the buyer and is not refundable unless the goods are proven to be defective or not as ordered.